weight tracker

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The week before Xmas.

Hi !!
My name is Meg. It was a week before Xmas 2009. My mother sat me down to have a "talk" which went like this.. Meg you really need to lose weight, you dont look happy, your getting bigger and bigger and you dont look well. So Taking mums advise we decided to Join Weight watchers again. So a week before I walked through the WW doors for the 4th time in my life. but this time I had mum by my side. Although she does'nt need to lose alot of weight it was great to have her there. SO I swallowed my pride and got on to those scales for the first time in years. I weighed in at 109.6kg the heaviest I have ever been in my life. The feeling of realizing that I was that really big and admitting it was a very hard thing to do ( I was in denial).. and then I had to accept what the scales said and start my Weight Watcher journey again.

I decided This time I was going to change my Habbits and make it a Life choice.

This is how nearly 110kg of weight affected my life:
*I lost Conferdence
*Clothers where getting tighter and tighter, I didn't feel good in my clothes at all.
*I was starting to hide my self away, not wanting to go out to social events and gathering because my self esteme was very low.
*It annoyed me how my legs constently rubbed together, wearing skirts was getting hard.
*Sitting in a plane seat for 12 hrs was hard. Because I had gotten bigger the plane seats felt more uncomfortable and the arms of the seats started pushing upwards because of my weight.
*I was feeling worthless, meaningless and unhappy.
*I was loseing intreast in hobbies.
*I had no motivation or energy.

3 comments:

  1. I just read your list of how your weight affected your life and I nodded at every single one. I'm so bloody mad that I waited till I'm 48 to do something about it. I want to go back to 28 and do it all again, at a healthy weight. You are doing yourself a HUGE favour.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deb! Its never to late to start.

    I cant wait to up date my blog more, I have lost 17.5 kgs in 6 months. But You have to start somewhere and I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Meg! You have done very well, sticking with the program for more than 6 months!

    As you say, it's never to late to start looking after yourself and your future health though, the sooner it's started the better your future will be!

    I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life! THIS TIME the message has really sunk in - this correct way of eating combined with water consumption and regular exercise IS FOR LIFE - my life!

    Looking forward to reading more about your journey! The message boards have helped me enormously as all the information, inspiration, motivation and support that we all need can be found there in droves!

    Best wishes - Gae oxoxo

    ReplyDelete